PS sheets is a new type of environmentally friendly packaging material developed in recent years. With its excellent thermoforming properties, good anti-shock performance, environmental protection performance and hygienic performance, it is widely used in medicine, food, toys, electronics and clothing. Packaging the product.
Features of PS sheet
- Low static electricity generation, suitable for packaging of products requiring low static electricity.
- It is easy to vacuum form, and the product has good anti-attack performance.
- It has good hygienic properties and can be directly contacted with food without causing harm or benefit.
- It is easy to be colored, and can be made into materials of different colors to produce vacuum covers of different colors.
- Good hardness, this kind of sheet material has better hardness compared with other sheet materials of the same thickness. Thermoformed cups can be used as hot and cold drink cups.
- In line with environmental protection requirements, it can be recycled and reused, and when its waste is incinerated, it does not produce harmful substances that harm the environment.
Use of PS sheet
- Production of product packaging with low static electricity (such as electronic products…)
- Food packaging (such as packaging for making beverages, candy, and meat…)
- Dairy products (dairy products packaged in polystyrene sheet containers can be placed in the refrigerator and not easy to deteriorate)
What functions do PS sheets need for thermoforming
PS sheet is used for forming and processing, and it is divided into single layer or multi-layer composite, and the two are different in nature and state. However, the two PS sheets are used for thermoforming and have a common point, and both need to have the following functions.
1. Thermal strength
That is, the heated and softened PS sheet only needs a little pressure to form a clear outline on the mold. Conversely, if too much pressure is required to form. However, the pressure difference provided by vacuum forming is limited, and it is difficult to display some slender patterns.
2. The plastic memory
When a softened PS sheet is stretched, there is both a tendency to shrink against pulling forces and a tendency to stretch as uniformly as possible. This feature enables an already formed product to return to its original flat sheet shape if reheated to its original forming temperature. This characteristic has an important influence on the stretching of the forming process.
3. Molding temperature
The formed PS sheet needs to have a certain processing temperature range. It can not only be easily formed at its softening temperature when heated, but also has a certain distance from its melting temperature, and the forming temperature range is wide. It cannot be formed only in a small specific temperature range, and when the temperature is too high or low, the phenomenon of simple tearing and collapse of the molding can occur.
4. Hot Stretching
The PS sheet can be stretched even when heated. This characteristic has a great influence on the shape and quality of the product. Some can stretch 15% to 20%, while some can even stretch to 500% to 600%.
Plastic memory, thermal stretching, thermal strength and molding temperature are necessary for PS sheet molding processing, and they are also indispensable in this process.