PP material is widely used in plastic production. Do you know PP material? PP plastic is actually polypropylene, and polypropylene is a polymer formed by the addition polymerization of propylene. PP is an organic, white waxy material with a transparent and light appearance. PP plastic has the characteristics of low density, non-toxic and colorless, no odor, corrosion resistance and good heat resistance.
PP plastic classification
1. Ordinary pp
Susceptible to UV degradation and less resistant to chlorinated solvents and aromatic hydrocarbons. It is difficult to spray on surfaces because of its poor adhesion properties. Highly flammable and prone to oxidation.
2. Food grade pp
Food grade PP plastic sheet will not dissolve harmful substances under normal and high temperature conditions. Food grade PP plastic can be made into any food plastic packaging, such as food special plastic bags, food plastic boxes, food straws, etc. It is safe, non-toxic and has good low temperature and high temperature resistance, and its products can be sterilized at temperatures above 100 °C.
The advantages of PP plastic
- PP is readily available and relatively inexpensive.
- PP has high flexural strength.
- PP has a relatively smooth surface.
- PP is moisture-proof and has low water absorption.
- PP has good chemical resistance in various acids and bases.
- PP has good fatigue resistance.
- PP has good impact strength.
- PP is a good electrical insulator.
Disadvantages of PP plastic
- PP has a high thermal expansion coefficient, which limits its high temperature applications.
- PP is susceptible to UV degradation.
- PP is less resistant to chlorinated solvents and aromatics.
- PP is difficult to surface spray because of its poor adhesion properties.
- PP is highly flammable.
- PP is prone to oxidation.
pp material selection guide
1. Raw materials
PP material products are generally made of PP material, but many declared PP materials are not pure PP, so you need to pay attention when purchasing, and food-grade PP material that is harmless to the human body is the best.
Good pp materials are generally transparent or translucent materials, with a shiny appearance, beautiful design, and no burrs, which can be seen through the appearance.
Heat resistance is the high-quality characteristic of pp material. Good pp material has very high heat resistance. It will not deform in high temperature water, and can even be sterilized in boiling water. In addition, the impact resistance of the pp material is also very high-quality, it is not easy to be broken under heavy pressure or impact, and will not leave scratches.
PP plastic sheet products
Plates, trays, cups, totes, opaque plastic containers, and many toys, etc.
DESU is an excellent PP/PET/PS/PVC etc. plastic sheet manufacturer in China. We have a number of complete high-quality production lines that can meet the production of high-volume customized plastic sheets. If you need to buy plastic sheet, please feel free to contact us. We provide 7*24h service and provide free samples!