- Brand: DESU
- Origin: Shanghai, China
- Width: 300-1400mm
- Barrier material: PET plastic sheet rolls for medicine packaging trays
- Processing methods: Lamination / Multilayer co-extrusion
- Thickness: 0.8 mm
- Weight: 50-150kg/roll
- Shape: Roll/Sheet
- Color: Transparent/Custom color
- MOQ: 5tons
Introduction of PET plastic sheet rolls for medicine packaging trays
PET plastic sheet rolls are widely used in medicine packaging trays due to their excellent properties and suitability for pharmaceutical applications. PET, which stands for Polyethylene Terephthalate, is a thermoplastic polymer known for its transparency, lightweight, and durability. These characteristics make it an ideal choice for packaging sensitive pharmaceutical products. Here’s an introduction to PET plastic sheet rolls for medicine packaging trays:
1. Transparency: PET plastic sheets have exceptional clarity and transparency, allowing medical professionals and consumers to inspect the packaged medicines easily without opening the tray. This feature is crucial for identifying the contents, checking dosage, and ensuring the integrity of the medication.
2. Protection: Medicine packaging trays made from PET plastic sheets provide a protective barrier against external contaminants, moisture, and physical damages. They safeguard the pharmaceutical products from exposure to air and humidity, helping to maintain the drugs’ potency and shelf life.
3. Lightweight: PET plastic sheets are lightweight compared to traditional packaging materials such as glass or metal. This attribute reduces the overall weight of the medicine packages, leading to lower transportation costs and minimizing the carbon footprint during distribution.
4. Durability: PET plastic sheet rolls possess high strength and impact resistance, ensuring the medicines remain secure during transportation and handling. The trays can withstand moderate shocks and vibrations, reducing the risk of damage to the packaged medications.
5. Chemical Resistance: PET plastic sheets have good resistance to various chemicals, including common solvents and cleaning agents used in the pharmaceutical industry. This property ensures that the packaging material does not react with the medicines, preserving their purity and effectiveness.
6. Recyclability: PET plastic sheets are a recyclable material, aligning with sustainable packaging practices and environmental consciousness. Recycling PET plastic sheet rolls helps reduce waste and promotes a more eco-friendly approach to medicine packaging.
7. Compliance: PET plastic sheets are FDA-approved and meet stringent pharmaceutical packaging regulations. It is a safe and suitable material for direct contact with medications, ensuring the quality and safety of the packaged drugs.
In conclusion, PET plastic sheet rolls offer a combination of excellent properties that make them an optimal choice for medicine packaging trays. Their transparency, protective capabilities, lightweight, and compliance with industry standards make them highly desirable for pharmaceutical companies looking to ensure the integrity and safety of their products.
Production and processing of PET plastic sheet rolls for medicine packaging trays
The production and processing of rolls of PET plastic sheet for pharmaceutical packaging trays involves multiple steps. Here’s an overview of a typical process:
1. Raw material preparation: The process begins with the preparation of PET resin, a polymer derived from petrochemical sources. PET resin is obtained in pellet form and needs to be checked for quality and consistency before use.
2. Extrusion: Send PET resin pellets into the extruder, and the extruder heats and melts the resin to form a viscous molten state. The molten PET is then forced through a flat die, forming a continuous sheet.
3. Sheet forming: The extruded molten PET is rapidly cooled and solidified into a flat sheet. The thickness and width of this sheet can vary depending on the specific requirements of the pharmaceutical packaging tray.
4. Roll Forming: The cured PET sheet is wound into large rolls using specialized winding machinery. These PET plastic sheet rolls are the main material for the production of pharmaceutical packaging trays.
5. Quality control: During the whole production process, strict quality control measures are implemented to ensure the uniformity, thickness and other basic properties of PET sheets. Quality inspection is critical to meeting pharmaceutical packaging standards and ensuring pallet performance.
6. Sheet surface treatment (optional): In some cases, PET sheet may be surface treated to enhance its adhesion to printing ink or improve barrier properties such as moisture resistance and air permeability.